Thursday, May 14, 2009

The "Still Pregnant" Post

Last week was pretty rough, being at the end of my pregnancy and having a nasty cold. I was SO ready to be done. I was miserable... no other way to put it, really. My mind could not focus on any one thing in particular.

Well this week came, and I felt/feel so much better. My energy level is back, I can breathe (thank you neti pot), had some nice restful sleep. I was able to get a little bit of extra work in, which means a little extra paycheck, which is helpful, though I complained about it until 4:00 yesterday. :)

And though we grumbled about waiting for baby to arrive until yesterday evening when E was incredibly sensitive. She cried over everything, which isn't really like her. She didn't want to eat, and just laid on me. We took her to the doctor because she's pretty tough even when she's not feeling well, and this was worst we have ever seen her. We are pretty glad that we did... hardcore ear infection in her right ear, and a minor one in her left.

So we prayed that baby would stay inside for another couple of days, until E feels better. Now, though, I'm kind of hoping it happens on L's birthday (17th). It'd be nice to get a couple days at home with E before the baby comes, and get some stuff done around here. Plus my pre-registration appt is tomorrow... and it would be nice to get that done.

But yes, I'm still pregnant, but not miserable. Praise God for a complication free pregnancy and hope that continues into the birth and delivery of R. We are certainly looking forward to meeting this little guy!

3 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

So are we! :) Sorry to hear about E :( Both our girls are down with ear infections, and AJ has a sinus infection on top of it. I do hope E feels better before Baby gets here...it will be a difficult adjustment as it is...Glad you're feeling better, too!

My money is still on the 17th or 19th. But I'm inclined to think the 17th. Had the dr mentioned any progress?

Sara said...

Sheri, just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you right now, for strength and clarity during your labor. Praying that your family of 3 gets some precious time together before little buddy arrives too!

Sheri said...

Thanks, Sara. We really appreciate it all prayers. God has been so good to us.