Sunday, February 8, 2009

Project Connect 2009

Project Connect welcomed over 700 people over the course of the day. I knew it was going to be full as soon as I pulled into the parking lot and couldn't find a spot to park... and that was before the event even started.

I was taking part of the children section - answering questions about services in the area, discussing development, and of course, playing with kiddos. Our section gave away books, diapers, trucks, sippy cups. The point of the event was to provide free services, while answering any questions residents had on pretty much anything.

This was a pretty great event in which the community really pulled together to support each other. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. :)

Of course I forgot my camera, so I didn't take any photos to post here. In any case, here is an article from our local paper discussing the event:

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2009/02/06/news/doc498c430890196573436054.txt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to do this in Austin!

Mommy of Four said...

They had it on 7 & 4 news that night, too.