Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Do You Do?

I'm hoping the winter storm that we're supposed to get over the next couple days doesn't come, and we only have sunshine. It could happen, right?

Things have been busy around here, but going well. It seems that we have something going every day which is nice, but also a little tiring. My energy level seems to be okay so far, so I'm thankful for that.

The past couple of days I've been able to get quite a bit done in the evenings, and so it's been great having the extra energy to do it, since we're busy during the day. We've been eating salads for dinner (very filling salads), and honestly, I feel so much cleaner, for lack of a better word. We ate A LOT of salad over the summer, thanks to our CSA, and it made such a difference in our energy levels.

I miss farmer's markets and the freshest of foods. Uncooked fruits and veggies just make me feel so much better, and we need to incorporate them in our diet more and more.

I'm wondering this: what do you guys put in your salads? I feel like I need to branch out and be more creative so we don't get bored with them. And also, what sort of dressing do you make/use? That's another rut we seem to get stuck in.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so bad at salads. It's the one thing I get 'cook's block' with. My favorite salad is mixed greens, a candied nut, some sort of dried fruit, a cheese of some sort (preferably goat or blue) and the simplest balsamic dressing. We don't eat as many salads as we should, mainly because I never have all those ingredients on hand and I had texture issues with salads. So sad.

Sheri said...

Well, I'm glad that it's not just me that's terrible with salads. I feel like it can be so versatile, yet I end up making the same old thing over and over again... which then makes me tired of them. This vicious cycle needs to end!