Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life

Someone recently asked me if I described myself as a "stay at home" mom or a "working" mom. Well, in my opinion, all moms are working moms. And really, I've never defined my role. I work out of the home three days a week, and home four days. It's a good balance, though, in all honesty, two days would be ideal.

There are mornings when I wish E and I could snuggle, but instead, I'm wrestling to get everything organized so we can get out the door. Or sunny days that would be great for a nature walk, but instead, I'll be in the car driving through two counties to get to four home visits. And there are playgroups that we can no longer go to b/c of my work schedule.

Those are the days when I regret going back to work. And yes, I do have those days.

Then there are the days when I feel like I've connected with a client, or found a way to pay for heat for a grandmother that is taking care of her three grandchildren. And the days when E walks to the door, waves and says "bye", letting us know it's time to go to daycare. Or the days when I feel overwhelmed and burned out when I'm with the kiddo all day everyday.

Those are the days I'm glad I get to get out of the house and go to another job.

Today I regretted the decision. Tuesdays are a harder than normal day for all of us here, as L teaches his class after work, so I'm rushing home to get dinner moving, with a hungry kiddo hanging on my leg. It was just a hard day. I was tired. And work was stressful, b/c if one visit runs late, then they all have a tendency to do that, resulting in me to have two professionals waiting for me at one particular home visit. E was especially tired and hungry for some reason, and didn't like her dinner.

It was just a hard day, but I'm also very glad and thankful for it. I realized I knew one of my new clients, as she is adopting a set of twins, and it warmed my heart to know that these kiddos would have a wonderful home. Oh, my, if she hadn't adopted them, I might have... they are ADORABLE. I'm very blessed to enjoy my job.

And of course, E is so fun. She had three hair clips in her hair, and wanted me to put a rubber band in her hair. She wanted me to read every book on her bookshelf, and gave me a thousand kisses. I love her kisses. How do you stay frustrated when your kiddo does that?

Anyway, it was a hard time, but it was good. Not all blessings are easy. That's why I'm going to bed, hoping for more energy tomorrow. God bless, Friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh...i so feel you. For awhile I was having to work close to 30 hours a week and Cohen was with my mom - which was awesome until he cried when he left HER. so hard. I work 15 hours now a week and its better for us...

and yes, every mom is a working mom!

Anonymous said...

happy Sunday

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying the Sunday Sessions- I am loving it too..its so great to be able to share some of Tozers ideas with others and get their reactions