Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yellow and Sunshine


We've been pretty blessed with lovely September weather over the past week or so. Since we live on the coast of Lake Michigan, we try to go to the beach as often as we can. It's free and what kiddo doesn't love water? There's nothing like listening to the sound of the water, and all of the children laughing and playing. I love lazy Saturday afternoons!

L got back from N. Carolina late Friday night, after being a business trip for a few days. My Friday night consisted of E going to bed, and me laying on the couch, fully intending to watch the debates. I fell asleep a half hour into it, and L came home to a dark house, and McCain and Obama hashing it out. Why do they put the debates on so late? Yes, 9 pm. is late in my opinion. Sad, I know.

In completely unrelated news, a fabric store in our area is moving, and selling all of their current merchandise. I went a little fabric crazy a little while ago, dreaming of making E her first quilt for when she transitions to her "big girl" bed. My own big girl bed needs a duvet cover, so I bought fabric for that. And I found fabric to make E and I aprons, which I'm incredibly excited about making. Then there were, of course, dress patterns for E, and some cute fabric for that.

I noticed a lot of yellow in the fabric that I bought. Normally I don't like the color, but recently we painted our living room wall yellow, and intend on making my duvet color yellow. I think it's b/c our apartment doesn't get a lot of sunlight (especially in the winter), so maybe I'm trying to make some sunshine of our own? Not sure, but we'll let you know how it goes!

Gotta run, but hope you are all having a lovely weekend, full of sunshine!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The debates ARE on too late! I agree!

I'm excited to see what you're going to make! You have to post pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that blog! I am excited to read it!

Sheri said...

I promise to post pictures, just as I promise to actually sew. :) It's been a while since anything crafty has been done, so I will post progress periodically...

kristin said...

i can't wait to see the pictures. maybe you'll inspire me to finish my own quilt that i started before #1 was born.

knittingma said...

Yeeeelllllooow! I love it. So cheery. I'm sure your little dresses and your quilt will be super lovely. Can't wait to see. :)

knittingma said...

Yep, we did, last weekend. It was pretty good, although it was mainly focused on church planting (which I'm not really planning on doing anytime soon). But the worship was *great* and the workshops were pretty great, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I do love Sara's website...such an encouragement..she's sent me some info on have they did the conversion and everything so thanks for sending such a great resource our way!

knittingma said...

I don't think you're nosy! I went to the "Cultivating Your Inner Life" and "Stirring Up the Work of the Holy Spirit" workshops. They were very practical, with lots of ideas that I can actually use day-to-day, which was excellent. If you'd like more info on them, I can definitely Myspace you (although I don't mind leaving blog comments, it could end up being one super long comment if I were to talk about it here!). :)

Anonymous said...

I love that photo, by the way

Anonymous said...

missing your posts...