Sunday, July 27, 2008

And We're Back

We made it through the weekend in one piece. Actually camping went much smoother than what I pictured it my head (one advantage to looking at the glass half empty, I guess). The kiddos did struggle a little bit to sleep (and E barely napped), but it could have been much worse than what it was.
It poured the first evening we were there. And I mean POURED. We ran into the tent, and tried to wait until it subsided. This is a terrible photo, but you can see the large puddle of water until K, R, and M's tent - it felt like you were on a water bed each time you took a step inside of it. We managed to get into the car and get to a restaurant, and by the time we got back, the puddle was gone. Crazy.
This is just a cute photo from the our day trip to the falls. E was pretty tired, but kept pushing forward.
The beach at the campground was gorgeous. The first day was extremely windy, and the waves were huge, so it felt like we were at the ocean. We all enjoyed the beach - M chased bird after bird after bird, E was spent much of the time in the sand and found a log that she rode like a horse. I think that we'll be finding sand for months to come.

This was the sunset we were able to enjoy the last night we were there. Wow. God's creation is just breathtaking. The nature, the company and the memories are just priceless. I'd say E and M's first camping experience was a success. Good times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can i use your photographer for every moment of my life? i think that would be fun. i can't believe how these photos look. e and l are quite a pair. maybe you should get another little one for e to be a pair with? (hint, hint!)

sounds like fun!

knittingma said...

I agree--your photos are gorgeous! Did you take them, or are they L's work?

Camping looks like it was so fun. I'm glad it was less stressful than you thought it would be! Looks like we're coming up in mid- to late-August. I'll let you know for sure. :)

Sheri said...

Well... I'm always up for play dates for sure! :)

Thanks for the compliments on the photos. As far as our camping shots - I took the first couple (including the unclear one), and L took the rest. He does most of the good snapshots... I just click for fun. :)

Oh, and B, sounds great! Can't wait to see you guys soon!