Thursday, July 24, 2008

Off to Camping We Go

This has been a crazy week as we start preparing to have me go back to work, as well as planning for a camping trip this weekend. We're going with some friends of ours from church. They also have a daughter, M, who's a few months younger than E. It should be interesting as we are banking on the kiddos sleeping in their pack n play in the tent. I'm praying for cooperation, and decent sleep. :)

We've also been on the lookout for all natural or organic meat that's been locally grown, and trying find something before my work starts. We had been hearing of prices that seemed a little ridiculous to me. However, we have found a place that sells all natural chicken breasts at a very reasonable price. We might be buying a 1/4 of a cow, too, but I'm not sure how on earth we'll eat that much meat. Guess that's what the freezer is for, right?

As we are chatting about food and going back to work, I'm trying to think of either fast or make ahead healthy meals that will deter us from eating out. No point in spending all of the money I make on food, right? So, if anyone has great ideas, let me know.

All right off to bike to the playground, and then back to more packing preparation. I have a feeling I'm going overboard on the packing, yet still forgetting something. Hmmm....

4 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

"Don't Painic, Dinner's in The Frezzer" -- a cookbook I recently purchased, recommended at my MOPS group. GET IT.

knittingma said...

Have a ton of fun on your camping trip! I'm sure it will be an adventure. :)

When Tim and I were both in school, I made *a lot* of crock pot meals. There's a great cookbook called "Fix it and Forget it" that has some excellent recipes.

Mommy of Four said...

"Frezzer"?! I'm SO retarded today. That was supposed to say "FREEZER". My brain and my fingers are NOT working together today. Holy cow.

I have that crock pot cookbook. But I never use it anymore. I always found that it called for too many ingredients or too many steps. One I had kids it actually became impossible. But then again, so did grocery shopping, so I usually have NO ingredients readily available for ANYTHING around here. Which is why we have been eating chicken & rice & veggies for the last forever.

Sara said...

Have fun camping! Can't wait to hear how things went.