Monday, May 5, 2008

An Early Birthday

A couple of months ago I told Lance the words he's been wanting to hear for years.... "You can get a new camera". :) Lance has never asked for another camera (we have two already), but with our nice camera only film, it makes taking photos a little more difficult when it comes to the kiddo. I was half hearted in my suggestion, expecting Lance to say something to the extent of "That's too much money."

But he didn't. In fact, he looked like a kid in a candy store, and his demeanor changed to near giddy-ness (well, as giddy as he gets). The next few weeks (or months, don't remember) were spent researching cameras, reading up on all things digital, and looking on ebay. This is an example of how he and I are different. I say I want something, and then I buy it. Lance says he wants to buy something, and he researches... and searches... and researches... and searches some more... reads Consumer Reports, and who knows what else. It took him a year to buy sunglasses. A year.

He's an engineer. What can I say? :) Of course this is one of traits that make him who he is, and I love him for it. :) It just makes me chuckle a little.

Anyway, so he finally found a camera (a Nikon something or other), and it came in the mail a week or two back. He thanked me on Sunday for getting him the "greatest present ever" (it's his Father's Day and birthday gift). So, in honor of his birthday (which is still not for another couple of weeks), here are some pics from the weekend:

A new friend E made at the beach yesterday.
On our hike... The kiddo doesn't adhere to the trail. :)
Just because I love this picture... holding her hand while she's walking is a favorite of mine.

0 comments: