Thursday, May 8, 2008

Springtime Rainy Days



I much prefer sunny days to rainy ones, especially since E will stand at the door and cry to go outside even if it's pouring. Ummm... sometimes I wish we owned a rain jacket and boots, so she could splash in the puddles and sometimes I'm happy to tell her "no, we need to stay dry."

And in rainy day "fun", I was completely inspired to clean and organize. Of course this doesn't happen often for me, so I tried to keep going without taking long breaks, in fear that this urge would leave. My house looks amazing right now... well as amazing as this rental place can get. Now if only it could stay this way FOREVER.

Lately I've been feeling the urge to buy a house. Hmmm... not good, because we're completely happy with this place in our lives. I'm glad that we can make our rent payment and not have to worry about utilities, lawn maintenance, broken appliances, etc. So, in an effort to squelch this desire, I'm focusing more on our little place and making it feel like home (which it really does feel like home, even moreso than our last rental which was larger and "nicer" according to some family and friends). Next task? Painting our bedroom, I think. It's really a dreadful color right now with a terrible border. Why do people put borders on their walls?! I HATE peeling them off.

In the spirit of spring, I bought some cheap yellow tulips when I was at the grocery store. I'm in love with them, and now yellow tulips may be one of my favorite flowers. Maybe God created flowers to make us smile and feel more alive?

I'm hoping to get some flowers planted outside in the next few weeks. It seems that E should like to garden at some level given her name, right? Shouldn't be too difficult, since that's where she seems to be the happiest.

Anyway, the kiddo is walking around in circles and loving it. I think I might join in on the fun.

0 comments: