Thursday, March 6, 2008

On the Week of Becoming One


It has been a busy week or so for us. The kiddo's sleep schedule appears to be changing, so it's been a tough week for all three of us. It's been difficult for me to figure out how to get dinner moving with her hanging on my leg... or trying to get all three of us to eat at the same time, as L's been working late.

Plus we've been working on some house projects that we've been trying to get done for weeks it seems like. We're refinishing our end tables, and hopefully getting them to match our coffee table (which is serving as our entertainment center at the moment). That will be our main focus this weekend. Sanding is a very therapeutic process, I'm finding, but never ending as well. I can't wait for them to get done.

And E went through a stage where she didn't want anyone else but me (seriously...it was rough). We even debated going to church because we didn't think she'd stay in nursery. We did end up going, and true to the social nature that she is, she loved nursery. My thought process has been "If she's fine in public, we'll stay in public all week long!" Hence, we've been to three playgroups, and one play date so far this week and one more tomorrow. :)

So we've seen lotsa people, which has been nice for both of us. Not so great for the chores around the house, though. So, while she is sleeping, I've been cleaning the bathroom and trying to get the floor clean. This is a process. It seems like my house is never fully clean. I'm so thankful for a smaller space, though... less rooms to clean!

Anyway, it's difficult to believe that my little girl will soon be turning one. A year ago at this time, I was full of anticipation, wondering when she would come, if "she" would turn out to be a "he", and if it would be difficult labor, would we be good parents, would she be healthy, what would she look like...

She turned out to more than I could have ever imagined. Absolutely beautiful. Incredibly social. Inevitably curious (thanks to Dad). Hilariously funny. Certainly unique (have you heard the sounds she makes?). Just right. I love spending my days with her, watching her learn and grow, take everything in.

God has blessed us immensely with such a lovely gift. I pray that even in the frustrating moments, I would remember how blessed we are and how special she is. I pray daily for wisdom in parenting, and that I would savor the moments I have with her. She is amazing.

0 comments: