Wednesday, January 16, 2008

D's quilt



This quilt is for my new niece, D, who was born on Monday. It's kind of been a tradition for me to make a quilt for the babies born in my family. Unfortunately, I didn't learn how to quilt until my first nephew, J, was toddling around. :(

I'm really starting to love how these fabrics are coming together. I had another pattern in mind initially, but let's just say I didn't start the quilt until the day she was born. Thus, it didn't leave me much time to get it finished (my goal is to get it done the day we meet her - this weekend!). I was nervous to see how much E would let me get done, but she's been great this week! Thank you, my love!!

My sister-in-law, K, requested pink and green fabrics. I loved all of the fabrics separately, but wasn't sure how they would fit together, but it's all coming together, thankfully. I will post the finished product soon. :)

0 comments: