Monday, January 14, 2008

Loving the Art of Cooking

Sooo... the photos are from the weekend. This is my attempt to love cooking. :) It's not that I HATE it... I just don't enjoy it. Hopefully as photos are taken of what we're eating, it'll spark. some of the creative juices (they've gotta be there somewhere) inside of me, thus, inspiring me to press on and cook (or "create") some more.

My hope for cooking more at home is twofold: it's healthier this way (you can adjust the ingredients), and two: it's cheaper to eat at home. We're cheap in pretty much every area of our life, but dining out. And it's gotta stop... or at least cut back.

This is just a different way to serve my family. I really want Eden to grow up in the kitchen, cooking with me, and enjoying her own "cooking creations". How do I do this? I have to model it for her, make it a way of life.

Anyway, about the pictures below, the pizza was pretty simple, but I tried to add as much as I could so we'd feel full and satisfied.

Our toppings included:
* little bit of olive oil
* tomato sauce
* skim milk mozzarella cheese
* onion (mmmm, but that was mostly on my side. L isn't a huge fan)
* green and red peppers (second, mmm)
* garlic (of course)
* chicken
* olives (my side only)
* spinach (we both love this)

The cake I made was a blueberry-banana cake. I won't get into the whole recipe, but why I chose this one was because it uses banana, blueberries and maple syrup instead of refined sugar. Also, it uses whole wheat flour instead of white, so it's better for me. This is how I justify eating cake. :)

Hopefully I will post what I'm cooking periodically. Tonight: turkey chili. Our good ol' standy. :)

0 comments: