Friday, October 2, 2009

My List of 15


It's been a busy few weeks for us here, but I felt like we needed to update, so here's our life via list:

1. We all missed L greatly while he was gone. We survived despite two viruses hitting our house, and a baby getting his first tooth. He is now home safely, and had a great time visiting with family and friends.

2. E requested a giant red giraffe as her gift. Red giraffes do not exist, not even in South Africa, but seemed quite content with a regular ol' stuffed giraffe. She has slept with it and her lion from the family since L's been home.

3. R is sporting a rugby shirt as his gift... and staring at the monkey that he received.

4. R has been a rolling fanatic for about a month now. Seriously, R is the happiest baby I've ever seen. He and his big sister certainly get a kick out of each other. Hopefully that lasts.

5. E is potty trained, and has been for about a month. Totally worth the time and effort.

6. I've been approached by a local agency to be a "money mentor". It sounds super cool, but not sure about another commitment.

7. Is in love with our food coop.

8. We are splitting a meat order with some of the sibs. We're grateful for local, cleaner meat.

9. I've been reminded of some of the great things our God has done this week.

10. Our freezer is full of frozen fruits and veggies from our farmer's market, waiting for the winter and for R to get old enough to eat some homemade baby food.

11. Looking forward to apple picking... yay!!!

12. E and I have so much fun making silly faces at each other. We laugh so hard our neighbors probably think we're crazy.

13. Am wearing regular jean #3. You may now cheer.

14. Is amazed at how many people are pregnant - I swear our population is going to double by the end of the year.

15. It's nice to have my husband home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww so fun! And yay for #13... I'm still working on that - I've been running every morning this week and hope to keep it up. And seriously, R is ridiculous cute! Jude rolled over twice on Tuesday but won't repeat! So sad!

Sheri said...

I need a lot of toning in the ab area. We found a treadmill at a garage sale a little bit before L left for his trip, so now that he's back... I'm hoping to take advantage of it.

We're going to get there!

jen w said...

love the pic of R!! I think he is twice the size of when I last saw him!! Love your 15

Sheri said...

Thanks, Jen! Eli is looking quite handsome himself! So big too... we certainly need to get together!