Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Right Now I'm Loving...

1. Dahlias. Really. I need to stop thinking about these flowers.

2. Curling up on the couch while it's raining and reading a good book. Just started Eat, Pray, Love... Our theologies are certainly different, but it's an interesting read nonetheless.

3. Going to the library on a rainy evening. It's even more fun watching E get excited about going... it's one of her favorite places to go. People with kiddos - take advantage of all things free!

4. The fact that I fit into one of my old pairs of jeans. Yes, I'm sucking in ever so slightly, but I'll take it.

5. Dreaming about how our living space and kitchen will look after we get the money and time to fix it.

6. This lamp shade. The hubby's not so thrilled with it, though. Seriously, is it so bad? You can be honest, people, but I'll love it anyway.



7. This rug or this rug. I think the colors of the poppy rug will go with my chair (above). You know, if I did get to choose a rug at this very instant.

8. This and this flooring.

9. Just to prove that I love more important things than just well, things, I am loving all of the friends and family we've been seeing over the past month. We've been blessed.

10. That we have a roof over our head that isn't in need of major repairs (we can live with green carpet), two working vehicles, food, family, friends, and a big God. Not in that order.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I so enjoy your posts, Sheri! I REALLY like the poppy rug, so cool! My input on flooring- we had sort of a matte finish darker wood floor at our other house-which I loved before I lived on it and found that it was hard to ever really get beautifully clean, much less keep that way. We have a glossy finish here and it's so EASY! Just my two cents and I'm going to stay out of the lampshade debate, totally between you and the other half!

Sheri said...

Thanks, Sara - I like blogging. :) Oh, and thanks for the input on the flooring. That really is good information to have when we start our flooring search.

Anonymous said...

Hmm Eat, Pray, Love wasn't one of my favorites. I felt like she was so selfish... I guess I believe healing happens through Christ primarily and through serving others secondly. Didn't really see her do that. I did like her focus on meditation. Something I'd like to learn how to do better in a Christian sense.

#4 is so exciting! I tried a pair of jeans on Sunday and they mostly fit… who cares if they were a little bit big to begin with! They don't have a stretchy waist band!

Hmm the lamp shade isn't my style but I can see that it would look good in a more ecclectic style for sure!

I like the second rug a lot!

And yes, God is big and awesome! :)

Sheri said...

I stayed up much too late last night reading Eat, Pray, Love. It's keeping my attention, but it's very sad about her marriage breaking, and how bitter the divorce was.

I think she does play the martyr a little bit, saying she offered him all assets and money and her husband still refused. It sounded like she she wanted a "clean break" from things, and her husband wasn't making it easy. Still, you wonder how a clean break can even happen after spending eight years together, you know? Money and assets don't mend wounds.

kristin said...

i like the lamp on the left from this URL... but i think there might be two problems: 1) expensive, 2) how would you clean/dust it?

http://www.bonnenuithome.com/

Sheri said...

Yeah I don't think we're going to get the lampshade, since we have other priorities at the moment (and Lance doesn't love it). And I don't know how I would clean it. Good point. Maybe it would never get dirty? :)

Oh, and I checked out that website you posted. Love them. Probably also a little expensive?

Mommy of Four said...

Hmm...since you'll still love it anyway--not a big fan of the shade, either--just not my style :) BUT I LOVE the first rug. And I still love the dahlias, and I still want to figure out how to get my hands on some.

heatherinbloom said...

We totally have the second rug in our living room :) It's subtle and stylish... and beige so it doesn't show anything. Way to go on the color pallete~ autumn colors are my favorite!