Thursday, July 2, 2009

We're Tired, but...

We've survived my first week back to work. Monday evening and Tuesday morning was spent organizing bottles, breastmilk, pumping, getting extra diapers, buying sunblock for E, organizing my own work bag, packing lunch, getting the kiddos ready, getting my pump bag ready...

L took the kiddos to daycare, because he thought it would be easier on me emotionally (it was true). E was excited about showing R off to her friends, and ran right inside without a second thought. L promptly called me to say everything was okay, and that our daycare worker said I could call every hour if I needed to (I only called once).

So, I drove to work, relieved that everything went okay, that we seemed to remember everything, and preparing to get back into work mode. I decided to drive to the bank, which is down the road from my job, to drop my check off, and I realized... no wallet.

I remembered EVERYTHING but my wallet, so I had to turn around and go back home.

Other than that little inconvenience, things are going well. When my maternity leave started, my caseload had tipped over 40 cases, and now (miraculously), I have in the mid-20s. That's pretty great. Really great, actually.

E seems to be into the swing of things, and our daycare worker states that R never cries, and seems to love watching the other kiddos. He's taking the bottle well, which was something I was nervous about. Pumping is going well, though, it's a bit of a pain to do at work.

And a bit of good news on my first week back: I got a raise. A very small one, but my boss said she wanted us to know that she really appreciated all of the work we do.

So, praise God that He provided a smooth transition for all of us. I don't know why I worry so much.

2 comments:

Our Journey to Africa said...

I'm so glad your first week back went so well. I was thinking about you. Congrats on the raise too--God is awesome!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Love to you, Lance and the kiddos:)

Anonymous said...

So glad the transition has been smooth - I need to hear good stories like this. I'm still worried about what work is going to look like for me once we get to the three month mark!