Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Good Monday


Hope that you all had a lovely Fourth of July. We spent our weekend with friends and family, and with each other. It was nice. We were also pretty excited to find that we have roses that actually bloom in our yard. It's one of the few "bushes" that aren't weeds, so yay.

E and R napped at the same time yesterday, so I faced my own dilemma: nap or no nap? I almost always choose "no nap", since it's my time to relax or get something done. I've decided that can be better than napping, which rang true yesterday.

My time was spent in the kitchen making bread. I haven't had much success with bread making (even with a machine), so it almost felt like a waste of time. Thankfully, Elizabeth mentioned that recipe on her blog, and it turned out really well. Kneading felt almost therapeutic - much like weeding does for me. The homemade butter (which was incredibly easy to make, and really could only have been better if I had used Shetler's cream) and the strawberry jam made the bread all the more perfect. Yum.

I was also able to sneak some homemade croutons into the oven. E loves croutons, and often wants them as a snack (even our daycare worker mentioned this to us). I had some leftover bread, and decided to throw some olive oil, garlic salt and pepper on them for some taste and baked it in the oven. We had a salad for dinner last night, and we found her "sneaking" extra croutons off of the pan. She approved at least.

The rest of the day was spent coloring, digging in a sandbox, and playing with her train set. It was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the bread turned out for you!

I have the nap dilemma too - do you get things done or get sleep . . . decisions, decisions!

kristin said...

lovely!

.. i always nap. i even try to nap on the floor with the kiddos running around me. someday i'll have energy :)