Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some Good Things....

how my kiddo insisted on playing outside

1. Baby Carriers. It's made my life so much more convenient with two kiddos thus far, especially with E wanting to go outside all. of. the. time.

2. It's supposed to be 75 degrees today. Finally. I'm tired of cold.

3. All of my plants are still alive. That's very good news considering my track record.

4. L, his sister, and our brother in law bought tickets to South Africa. This is mostly good news for him and not really for me, b/c I'll be at home with two kiddos for a couple of weeks, but still, it's exciting that he gets to go.

5. I'm going to run another 5K (in the fall) to ensure that I get the motivation to exercise, and to make sure the rest of this baby weight falls off. I know it's only been three weeks, but still...

6. I slept in until 8 am. Little R's been up at 5 or 6 am since his birth, ready for the day. Considering I'm getting up two or three times a night to nurse, getting up at the crack of dawn has been difficult. So yay E, R, and me. :)

7. We've decided to hold off on putting hardwood in our house, and redoing the cabinets, and I feel pretty great and relieved about that decision. We have a million smaller projects and my student loans to get rid of, and we only use cash.

8. E's language skills are crazy right now. She's saying four and five word sentences... seriously, does having a little brother make you instantly grow up?

9. We finally got our budget organized post house and baby. I'm not organized in any other area of my life, but I like to know exactly where my money is going.

10. Open windows and sunshine streaming in... even if E thinks it's still playtime during her nap.

3 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

The frost night before last killed my flowers :( So sad. As far as E goes since having a baby brother...isn't AMAZING how quickly they seem to have grown up after a new little one? I meant to ask you at the hospital if E seemed like a grown up now. That's always how I feel when I have a new one. What was my baby before the birth is now a big kid, and I just don't see them the same way anymore!

Oh, and like I said before, E definitely adds to her necklace collection everytime I see a new picture! Ha! She is SOOOO FUNNY!!!!

Anonymous said...

You can have some of our heat. It's about 95 everyday now = uncomfortable when pregnant. :(

I'm so ready to try out the two baby carries I've made . . . but Jude seems to be taking his dear sweet time. Patience, right?

Jason and I are going to be signing up for a 5K in the fall too! :) Yay!

OK, rambling comment done. Glad to hear everything is going well. :)

kristin said...

i love this list. yay for sleeping in. soooo nice. great job on your plants. i'm so not with it and i think all mine are dying.... sigh.

you'll do fine with the missing hubby... just take it one day at a time (i actually break each day up into morning and afternoon sections b/c otherwise i start losing it for some reason...?)