Friday, June 12, 2009

Gratitude


I think R just might be a morning person like his mom. He's a great alarm clock - every morning around 5 am, he's wide awake. Now I don't like getting up that early, but what can you do, right? Still, mornings are good. Really good.

And boy, I really love sunshine-y summer mornings. I wish I could bottle the birds chirping, the cool breeze, the sun peeking through the trees and just have it with me whenever I am feeling a little down, or during the long winter months.

I'm learning more and more how blessed I am, even in the simple things like sunshine. An old journal of mine used to keep a log of everything I was thankful for, and I'm going to start that here - to remind myself of how good God is. So here goes:

1. Thank you, God, for mornings like this, even if I didn't want to get up that early.

2. And I'm thankful for an old friend who listened to me vent about an difficult situation I'm dealing with, and found she was dealing with something similar.

3. Of course, I'm thankful for my little alarm clock, even if 5 am is early even for this morning person.

What are you guys thankful for today?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thankful for a healthy pregnancy, family and friends and God teaching us things that are difficult but good. . .