Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So, I'm Done

This is the one thing that I'm going to miss about our duplex - our lilac tree (er, bush). I really love the scent of lilacs... maybe our landlord/realtor will still let us clip a few as a thank you for all of our great business? :)

My main goal was to get a little more prepared for baby this weekend. The car seats are in the car, the baby's room is sort of up and running. The dipes/covers are ready to go with some disposables thrown in. Clothes are sorted. Blankets are folded. Swing is ready to go. Now we just need baby.

And, boy, this weekend made me decide that I am SO done being pregnant. This whole pregnancy I've been panicked that we have so much to do, so much on my mind. I'm certain that God makes us go these 40 weeks so that we welcome the birthing process by the end of them.

I'm uncomfortable and my belly is huge. :) Getting on the floor is probably humorous for my clients to see. Getting up is even funnier, I'm sure. I had some pretty strong contractions over the weekend, which encouraged me to get my bum moving on all things baby.

My doc says I'm dilated 2 cm, my cervix is thinning "nicely", and the baby's head is pretty low. He jokingly said "I bet you're feeling every pound of that". Why, yes, I am Mr. Doctor, which is why I am now waddling, and much of the reason why I'm ready to be done.

And I will be soon. Maybe later than sooner. Maybe sooner than later. But eventually, right?

5 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

I'm excited my nephew to be here, too :) Ready to announce the name yet??? :)

Anonymous said...

So are you done with work or are you waiting until baby comes to be done with it? So exciting - we spent this weekend washing clothes, sorting, folding, putting things away . . . so I know that feeling well!

jen said...

Wow sounds like Rhys will be here soon!!! Let me know if you need anything!! Eden's room is cute, wondering if you will be going to a toddler bed soon? Hope all is well and the delivery is quick for you!!!!
Justin, Eli and I will be waiting to hear the good news!!

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri said...

Elizabeth - I'm not done with work until the baby comes. Maybe that's part of the reason I'm so anxious for him to come? My mind just cannot focus on work at the moment.

I have cut down on my workload, though. I'm mostly sticking to home visits and skipping the office time, which helps.

When are you done?

Jen - we have two cribs. My brother gave me my niece's crib, so we're just going to use that for the baby. We'll transition E to a toddler bed soon... She's going through a lot of transitions right now - baby, and new home that I'm not in a rush to change her bed too.

Can't wait to see you guys, either!

Kayla - I posted just for you. :)