Friday, May 8, 2009

Days Like These

I am just loving this spring weather. I'm thinking having a spring baby is really going to work nicely in our favor, as we'll be able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. The sun really picks me up, and hopefully force me to get outside, even when I'm exhausted. If that doesn't work, I'm sure the kiddo below will encourage me to go anyway. :)
I am so impressed by this little girl that will soon be a "big sister". She has so much life inside of her, so much curiosity, so much joy. We've spent our fabulous afternoon playing outside, planting flowers, having some of Daddy's ice cream (shhhh!!), and drinking this. I love days like these!

God has made motherhood such a special responsibility. It's hard and demanding and tiring, but it's the most rewarding role I've had yet. :) I feel like I should be thanking her for being such an incredible person than for her to be thanking me for being her mommy. She's way cooler than I am, no doubt.

3 comments:

kristin said...

this is such a great post. she is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sheri! She looks SO grown up! It's been about 4 months since we saw you guys, but she looks more like a little lady in this picture than a baby girl... aww, just beautiful. Can't wait to see you all as soon as your little boy arrives.
Lynne

Sheri said...

Thanks, Kristin. I think so too. :)

Lynne - I know! Lance and I were just talking about how her features are changing.. and even her personality is changing to suit "big girl" status.

Can't wait to see you both soon! Hope K-zoo is treating you well!