Friday, May 1, 2009

The All Over Post

This was taken at the end of April last year. I hope May allows us many beach outings... I'm itching for some consistent warm weather.

I feel like things are starting to come together for us - in more ways than one. We've moved in to our house (though we're still swimming in boxes), and just the other day we had carpet placed into all of the bedrooms. E's room is the most "put together", so hopefully we can get a lot done this weekend.

We are liking our house, though - and looking forward to making it "ours" as time passes (and money is saved). Some things I'm drooling over doing is this:

Composting: http://simplemom.net/how-to-make-a-compost-bin/
Line drying my clothes
Gardening... E has asked to plant flowers this entire week. Maybe she'll live up to her name and have a green thumb?

As far as baby goes, we're a little less than three weeks away from my due date. I'm certainly starting to get uncomfortable and tired, but feeling like there's still some time left until he comes. Some really good news though - I think we've found THE name, but we need to say a few more times before we announce it to the blogging world. L actually suggested it early on in the pregnancy, and I shrugged it off but now it just seems to fit?

I'm feeling better about going on maternity leave. I've gotten a lot accomplished over the last couple of months. My supervisor and I went over every.single.case. so she knows what to cover when I'm gone. We were both surprised to realize I went from eight cases last August to over 40 cases now. No wonder I have more gray hair? I just NEED to get through this week at work, and then leave for six weeks, and then back to my three days a week. Oh, how I've missed that!

E's potty training progress is slow, but re-emerging. The last couple of weeks were a mad dash of cleaning and working on the house so we didn't even push it. The past couple of days have resulted in her going on the potty three times. This morning she went by herself, while I was showering. I didn't even know until I asked her to sit on the potty afterward. Major sticker points on that one. :)

Hmmm.... this post is so random, but my preggo brain seems to be working this way. We hope that you are all experiencing some sunshine. Now I'm off to take a nap. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy internet lost my first attempt at a comment on this post!

I relate to preggo brain - I feel like I can't hold a thought in my brain for more than a moment now!

You'll love composting - it's so easy and reduces so much trash from your trash can!

I wish I had more time and energy for gardening - I think I'd really like it. My poor herb garden is currently being taken over by weeds! I will rescue it someday soon. . . hopefully!

Can't wait to hear the name!

Sheri said...

I know... we had an herb garden in our last house... and it looked pretty sad when we moved. :)

I think we might just do some container gardening this year. With a new babe, toddler, and work there probably won't be much time for anything new.