Monday, February 23, 2009

Good Things and Baby Names

Spring still hasn't come, so I'm posting another photo of what makes me think of spring. The sun is out today, so that means E and I will get outside for a little bit... she's been asking to go out quite a bit lately. I think we're all getting cabin fever.

So to keep our mind on the positive, here are some good things in our lives:

Good Thing #1: using our cash budgeting system for groceries went pretty well this month. I did aim a little low (and I knew this), but surprising, I only went over by $40, when we budgeted $100 less than previous months. This system certainly made more aware of what we were buying/spending, and obviously it seemed to work.

Good Thing #2: L was sweet enough to let me have an afternoon by myself, even after working some ridiculous hours over the week. He was also kind enough to put a chicken in crockpot, and vacuum for me.

Good Thing #3: E is learning so much, and growing leaps and bounds. She's talking so much now - combining a lot more words, counting well, distinguishing colors well, and becoming more and more of a Daddy's girl. I love this kiddo. She's going to be two in a couple of weeks, so you'll hear lots about her soon. :)

Good Thing #4: Tax refund, bonuses, and a raise. God has been so good to us.

Good Thing #5: A short work day. Love it.

Now onto the topic that is boggling my mind: baby names. Oh my word, it's ridiculous. I had a lengthy list of girl names that I liked. Boy names not so much. Nothing is clicking with us enough. There's a fine line between different and weird, and with boy names, it seems to be a finer line?

Anyone have any name suggestions? Come on... help a tired pregnant woman out. :)

10 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

*SIGH*....I will share with you my boy names....and I can only hope I'll get one last chance to use one some day! I love:
Wyatt
Bentley
Liam
Simon
Anderson
Jackson
Ezra
gideon
Jesiah
Miciah (mick-I-uh)
Bentley (yes, I'm serious. I LOVE it)

those are my names.

Anonymous said...

Boy names. We didn't really think too hard to get ours - I heard it one day and was like 'that's it! Jude it is!'. . .

Other names we liked:
Micah
Ty
Isaiah
Hudson
Grady
Noah
Aiden

I just to let you in on a little secret, we adore E's name for a girl, and it was one of the few that worked with our last name. . . and I really like names that begin with vowels for girls. So there was a moment when we didn't know that this one was a boy that we were contemplating stealing your little girl's name. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh and my friend's son's name is Cade and I've always loved that too!

Sheri said...

I also love girl names that start with vowels! Oh, and feel free to "steal" Eden anytime you want. I agree; it's a beautiful name. :)

I'll let you in a little secret too. Jude isn't completely off of our list yet. ;)

Jennifer said...

My favorite boy names are
Joel
Logan

okay thats all i have =)

Anonymous said...

Love it! If we ever have a girl . . . Eden may be it! Feel free to use Jude - it has such a great background and meaning. :) How fun if we both had little Judes!

Mommy of Four said...

"HEY, Juuuude...." I always loved that name, but, having been a huge Beetles fan, I think that he might grow sick of my singing that song to him....and I don't think I'd be able to help myself, either :)

Naaa....naa, na na na na, na na na na...heeeeeeyy.....

Sara said...

I don't have too many left on my favorite boy name list, but I love Isaiah, which is Fisher's middle, but I kinda wished we'd used it for a first and I like Laken (for a girl or boy) and Xavier. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to share our opinions!

Unknown said...

Ugh - I'd be no help at all!
I can't even remember the other names I contemplated while pregnant with the G man. ha! Guess that just shows we chose the right one for him - it fits him so well. :)

You picked a great name for #1 (my bff used the same name for her daughter...such a cute name) so I'm sure you'll pick the perfect one for #2!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautful blog and daughter! Sawyer was our boys name for our second daughter :) I also like Noel, Winston, Harper and Isaac.