Sunday, December 28, 2008

Glimpse of Sunshine?


We have made some serious progress in the way of E going outside in her snow pants. It was fun getting her out in the snow (and rain) the past couple of days. Yesterday we just took her outside in her pants, but today we put her snow pants on, and she was pretty comfortable (see pic below). By the way, if you look at the picture above you'll notice some sunshine behind us. I think it's the first glimpse of sun we've had in days... and boy, it really lifted our spirits.

I've also been a little more motivated to cook the past few days. Sometimes I really enjoy being in the kitchen, and this was one of those weeks. Some of the recipes were so/so, but one that we all enjoyed was this recipe. When all three of us like something, it must be a success. We'll be making this one again soon, and will probably end up in our regular food routine at some point.

3 comments:

Our Journey to Africa said...

I'm so glad you got Eden into her snowpants:) Maybe now she'll go sledding:)

What recipe did you try?? I'm always up for new ones:)

Have a good day!!!

Sheri said...

Hi Ann -

http://food.realsimple.com/realsimple/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1658226

This is the recipe we used. We made some substitutions. I didn't think E would like the hot cherry peppers, so we left them out. It was still a pretty great recipe.

And I'm hoping that E will be open to sledding soon. We're taking baby steps. :)

Our Journey to Africa said...

Hey Sheri!! Thanks for the recipe--I can't wait to try it:)