Friday, August 1, 2008

Lavender Body Scrub


This has been a chaotic week, trying to get my schedule figured out for next week, visiting daycare and organizing E's life for that (and ours), buying what I need to buy (all done!), and researching cell phone plans. L was out of town for a couple of days on business, and E is still getting adjusted to her sleeping schedule from camping (who knew it would take this long?). We're getting there, though, so I'm feeling much more prepared for Tuesday.

Thanks to all who offered activities that E and I to do. We've been outside a ton, played with other kiddos, read lots of stories, did chores together. She has started helping me in the kitchen (thanks, Kristi). Just yesterday, she helped me add all of the ingredients to the body scrub we made, and "helped" me stir.

This body scrub was fun and easy to make. I've had my eye on this recipe for months, but was in the process of using up all of my commercial products. Now that we've run out, I made this scrub, and now my skin feels so soft!! I used lavender essential oil (use it for E's wipes), and canola oil instead of olive oil. Anyway, it was a quick project that E and I had a good time doing together.

Well, it's off to do more chores. Now that I'm going to be gone a couple of days a week, I'm suddenly feeling the urgency to do all of the deep cleaning I've been putting off for weeks. I definitely thrive on procrastination!

Have a good weekend, All!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love simple beauty recipes! I am going to have to make this once I finally invest in some essential oils. They are just so expensive!

Thanks for sharing!

Sheri said...

I know, and it's so sad!! I love the scents of so many of the oils. Thankfully, we were able to find some lavender on sale at our health food store. :)

You could probably use some vanilla extract, if you don't mind the alcohol scent.

knittingma said...

Deep cleaning! Whew. You make me tired just thinking about it. I don't think this house has been deep-cleaned in about 50+ years (and I'm not joking). Yech.

Your scrub sounds really fun. Do you think making body scrub is a bit too girly for J-man to help with? Maybe I can tell him it's "man soap" or something. :)

Unknown said...

Yay! Smiles all around! We'll be trying this fun body scrub recipe out in our kitchen too! Thanks!