Monday, August 18, 2008

Book of the Week

This isn't the best photo, but I really enjoyed reading this book. I'm not the most creative person (though Amanda Blake Soule did help me realize that each of us are creative in our own way). I want to encourage E to be creative, so this book has a lot of great ideas.

There are recipes for all natural dyes, glue, as well as patterns for different projects. She encourages us to get outside, and use items from nature for art projects like pine cones. She teaches that we need to make room for creative play with our children, and that messes are just a part of life. :)

Anyway, for any of you looking for different ideas for your child, or just new inspiration, this is a great book. I really enjoyed it, and am in the process of reading it again.

Hope that you all had a lovely weekend!

1 comments:

kristin said...

oh cool! this sounds like a fun book :)