Monday, June 2, 2008

The "Working" World?

So, I've been toying with the idea of going back to work. It's been such a blessing to stay home with E since her birth, I'm feeling the "itch", so to speak, to get back into the working field. My goal would be to find something part time, as full time would be too much of a commitment, and wouldn't want to put the babe in daycare for full days every day.

Of course, I'm quickly realizing that the area in which we live doesn't house a lot of social work opportunities, which is more than a bit unfortunate. So either I need to work in a different field until a job opens up, or perhaps go the volunteer route to get my foot in the door somewhere.

I might pursue both and see where I end up. :)

Mostly, it just feels like it's time to get out of the house and work my brain in the capacity that it was once accustomed to. I love being with the babe, but it would be nice to have it broken up a little. So we'll see. Anything can happen, right? :)

2 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

there's always a need for social workers at nursing homes and hospitals...have you checked with them?

Sheri said...

Yes, those there the first two places I looked. :) Either full time, require MSW or not hiring... but you never know. :)