Friday, June 6, 2008

Lilacs Are My Friend



I love lilacs. LOVE them, so imagine my excitement when I discovered we had a lilac bush (or tree, it's slightly overgrown) in our yard recently. Actually it's in a really obvious spot, and I had to shake my head over the fact that this is the first time I've noticed it in the seven or eight months we've been here.

Anyway, I "snuck" a few clippings and brought them inside. The subtle scent of lilac wafting throughout my home makes my day. Ah, bliss. :)

Other than that, things have been pretty same ol' same ol' around here. L has been working crazy hours the past few weeks. He's also been working on our Sebring (groan... we're both sick of this thing), and his photography class started this week, so he's been incredibly busy trying to fit it all in.

I have sent out a couple of resumes to different places in the area, neither of which are related to social work. One place called me in for an interview next week, so say a little prayer for me on Tuesday, if you think of it. I'll need it.

E is still cute, of course. She's now decided that dogs growl, too, so her growling has increased. We were at a friend's place over the weekend, and there was a little ceramic dog on the floor. She's been growling at dogs ever since.

She loves the beach. We've taken our dinner there a couple of times, and she has so much fun playing in the sand, trying to eat the rocks, and running in and out of the water. We have a few pictures on L's new camera that need to be downloaded soon, and we'll post some here.

Other than that, we've been asked a lot lately when we're planning on buying a house. L's co-worker told us about a house that was for sale in their subdivision - ideally located in between Charlevoix and Petoskey. It was at a pretty decent price with a beautiful kitchen. Sigh. I think we still have cold feet or something. We're just not ready. Someday though. We won't rent forever.

Anyway, gotta run. Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

"...She's been growling ever since"???? That kid came OUT growling!! :)

You have a huge beautiful rental. If we were in your situation, we wouldn't leave unil we maybe had our third kid. That place (and price) is just too awesome to leave. Seriously, if we can't do it, you need to do it, and I'll live vicariously through you. :)

Sheri said...

:) Well, her growling seemed to subside a little, but now it's back in full force. :)

We'll stay in this rental, just for you, Kayla. :) You're right; we're in a really good deal. It can difficult explaining that to some people, though.

Sheri said...

Oh, and you guys have an adorable house!

Mommy of Four said...

Yeah, but it costs twice as much as your rental...and we pay all utilities!

Unknown said...

Nice picture of the lilacs. Wish that we had some out by us because the smell is amazing.