Friday, June 13, 2008

Climbing

Ever get a spontaneous urge to do something out of the ordinary for you? E and I were outside yesterday, crossing our fingers that it wouldn't rain, and E stopped, pointed above her and said, "TEEEE!!!!", which, roughly translated, means "tree". :) And for some crazy reason, I had this desire to climb the tree... And I haven't done that since I was REALLY young, when I didn't have any fear of falling.

Of course this tree was HUGE, and I didn't even know how to get to the first branch, so I took the more practical option - staying firmly planted on the ground. But really, don't you just love old trees? They always make me feel like I'm in a magical place.
We've gotten a lot of comments about E's new sippy cup. It's a Klean Kanteen, stainless sippy cup which can convert to a regular water bottle when she's older. L was looking for a stainless steel water bottle for himself (he ended up with a SIGG), and when we stumbled upon these, we couldn't resist. :) They are certainly more pricey than regular sippy cups, but we got ours on a pretty good discount, so it wasn't so bad. The most beautiful thing about it (besides it's BPA free for sure) is this: it doesn't leak. Praise the Lord.

I love the stainless steel look, even if it doesn't look very "child-like". Anyway, it's fun, and she drinks out of it just fine. Happy Days. :)

4 comments:

Jaden's Mom said...

I love your blog! And, I am with you on the efforts to go "green". I have definitely become more conscious of what I put into my body since I became pregnant. I am trying to eat a lot more fruits and veggies now, and I buy the organic variety when I can afford it. I am drinking a lot more water now, and my water bottle has a filter build right in. I am exercising a lot more, and trying to stay healthy overall. Still, there are moments when there is nothing quite so good as a Little Debbie Nutty Bar to get me through the afternoon. lol I had to stop buying them. :)

Sheri said...

:) It's all about balance right? A little exercise here, and little chocolate there...

Anonymous said...

Trees sure make my imagination go wild. Plus my faith increases. It brings that child out in me I guess.

Melaine said...

Cute blog! Here is mine...I have also written about Klean Kanteens, strangely enough! God Bless!

http://mamaslittlemonkeys.blogspot.com/