Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day Three: Soup and Sandwich

Wednesdays are busy around our house, as we have Bible Study at our house. Generally this means that I'm trying to get the house clean with a kiddo wanting to "help", and then the trick: keeping it clean. Dinners are generally pretty quick meals or made ahead of time.

Today we're having tomato and dill soup and grilled cheese sandwich on sprouted grain bread. I had tomato and dill soup at Jullienne Tomatoes.

It was amazing. I hadn't had tomato soup in years, and typically I never order soup in a restaurant, but this completely inspired me to make some at home. Now L isn't a huge fan of tomato-anything, but he was sweet enough to agree to having the soup tonight.

This soup is not as good as the restaurant's take on it, but it'll do. It's a little acidic for my taste, so I'll probably add a little sugar to it, and maybe a little cheese.

0 comments: