Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life

Well, we made some progress last night with dinner. L loves thai and chinese food, so I made a thai vegetarian dish (modified a bit: we added chicken). I knew it'd be a hit with the husband, but didn't really plan on the kiddo eating any of it. What do you know... she loved it! She ate the broccoli, potatoes, carrots, and yes, even the chicken... all with the green curry. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

So this is how we've been spending much of the kiddo's awake time. She knows the word "outside" and will cry until we go out there. I haven't minded that much - I'd much rather be playing in the sun, too. My goal: to start studying different birds and trees, so when the babe is older we can start identifying them.

So my kid can climb up stairs. I wonder how long she's been able to do this?

This was the perfect ending to my nine mile bike ride last night. It's grapefruit tea, and boy, is it yummy! In fact, maybe I'll go make some in a little bit.

Red Grapefruit Tea (Martha Stewart's site):

A red grapefruit, squeezed
1 - 2 tbs. honey
1/2 tsp. allspice berries (I just used cloves)
1 Cinnamon stick
1/2 C. of water

Put all ingredients in pot and bring to a boil. Strain tea and enjoy.

0 comments: