Monday, August 10, 2009

The Kitchen Sink

One thing that is a little difficult to do with my job is pack a lunch. I don't take a lunch break, and am often in my car rushing from one visit to another. Meals that need to be heated aren't an option, so I often take fruit and sandwiches (salads are often tricky for me). Recently, though, I've been in a certain "dippy" kind of mood, and have been taking pico de gallo, tortilla chips, hummus , and pitas made into chips with olive oil, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. I may have hit the jackpot with this. I am still full by the end of the day, which is pretty unusual for me.

Speaking of food and preparing food, L is putting in a new sink in our kitchen. Oh my goodness. I should post a picture of how the old one looked... it was really dreadful. My grandparents just remodeled their kitchen and had an extra sink, so now it's ours.

I just started reading "Animal Vegetable Miracle" and am really enjoying it thus far, but it's slow moving on my part. What can I say? I'm mostly reading a lot of Fancy Nancy and other toddler reads. Can I admit that Fancy Nancy is one of my favorite reads that E picks up?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dippy items are a great idea for lunch! I may have to copy… and I loved Animal, Vegetable, Miracle! Enjoy it!

Mommy of Four said...

Why not? AJ loved her fancy nancy books, too :)

Sheri said...

I'm enjoying Animal, Vegetable, Miracle thus far. A friend of mine actually made the mozzarella cheese... so now I wanna try it too. :)

Oh, and Kayla, sometimes I dread which book E is going to pick out for me to read each day. I'm glad that she's getting old enough to read books with a more developed storyline - Fancy Nancy being some of them.

kristin said...

at first, i was thinking- how have i not heard of fancy nancy?! well.. i guess two boys as kids could explain that :)

i want to see before/after picks of your sink! that would be cool. proud of your pic for a sink.