Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daddy's Day Post


It's hard to believe that it's been two years since L and I became parents. Actually, it's just hard to believe that we're parents altogether. :) If there's one thing I've learned in the last month since R was born (can you believe it's been a month already?), it's how much I appreciate how much L does for his family. He works hard all day to provide for his family, and then comes home and plays/works hard with his family. He immediately sits with E and reads her stories, takes her outside so I can cook dinner, hold R if need be.

E has certainly become a Daddy's girl, and it's great seeing their relationship grow together. She'll often ask to snuggle with L on the couch, and she'll want him to go outside with her. She just wants to be with him, doing whatever he's doing, part of the fun. And L is great at including and letting her just be who she is. I've learned so much watching him parent her.

And now we have a little guy in our lives, and I'm looking forward to seeing L and R develop their own relationship. God blessed our kiddos with a pretty great Dad, and me with a great partner that is by my side supporting me.

Happy Father's Day, L! We love you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! It's amazing seeing our husbands become fathers. . . It makes me so happy to hear good stories like these!

Ramona said...

It is such a blessing to see L as a dad especially as he is doing such a good job. He had a good example in his dad and I always appreciated everything he did with the kids when they were little. We aren't perfect as parents as we all learn as we go along but God is gracious and raises good kids in spite of us if we are trusting Him in all things. I am proud of all my kids!!