Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Could It Be....

that spring is coming? And not just because is the first "official" day of spring? I'll take the sunshine any day, even if it's colder than a spring day should be.

Working four full days has been made my calendar pretty busy. By Thursday night both E and I are pretty tired. Last night was our last bible study for the year, and was also my night to bring dessert (and L also happened to be out of town for work to add to the craziness). I made dessert (with E's help), pulled it out of the oven, turned around and almost tripped into E, and the pan fell on the floor (and thankfully not on either of us!).

I wasn't impressed.

But we made it through, and now it's a sunny, cold Friday in which we're not going anywhere (well, except grocery shopping). Boy I love Fridays.

Things have just been busy here or maybe I'm just exhausted more easily. I can't believe we only have eight more weeks to go before this kiddo is here. Working an extra day has made me tired, but it's given me peace of mind about going on maternity leave with my ducks in a row. We've also committed ourselves to something else that's taking more time, and once the time is right, we'll share that too.

Plus the kiddo is in potty training... and I didn't realize how much time that takes! She basically walks around the house half naked until she needs to go the bathroom. Sometimes she gets a little freaked out though, so I sit next to her and make sure she knows it's okay.

I'm really trying not to push it, because we weren't even planning on starting until after baby was born, so she's faster than my schedule. Still, sometimes I think of how great it would be to have her mostly potty trained by May. She's done pretty well, though. Pooping is certainly easier, which I hear is pretty unusual for kiddos. She's always danced to the beat of her own drum, though. :)

Some pretty exciting news on our front though: we're thinking about having a small garden this year (time permitting of course). Anyone have any great advice for newbies like us? I'm excited to get E involved in this process. I have fond memories of growing up in my dad's enormous garden, pulling weeds, throwing worms at each other (and freaking my mom with them), and eating food that we grew ourselves. Any thoughts that you would have is so appreciated!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for E and the potty business, it does take time and attention, but it's SO worth it! So happy your doing well pregnancy-wise, that peanut will be here before you know it!

knittingma said...

Yay, E! I can't believe she's gonna be potty trained so soon. J is really *really* far from that, but I've heard it's more difficult for boys, anyway.

Get lots of rest these last few weeks! I remember those last couple of months (although they already feel like they were so long ago), and I felt soo tired. I'm still sleep deprived right now, but I definitely have more energy than when the little one was still inside!

We miss you guys! We'll be up next weekend--will you be there? Do you guys have any free time at all? If we got together, it would probably have to be on Sunday, since we're not going to be there until Saturday morning, I think.

Sheri said...

We'd love to see you guys! Sunday will work for us, for sure!

Oh, and I'm not sure how close E is to potty training, but we're running with it for now. Who knows how long it will last? :)

kristin said...

hey! as for the garden, i guess i wonder what direction you'd like to go. i think that green beans are really easy to grow, and so is lettuce- but lettuce grows SO FAST, so be ready to pick (i'd spread out the planting dates of the lettuce so you don't have 20 heads ready to be eaten at the same time). i've done the tomato thing- and bought a tomato plant that had started last year instead of seeds and that was pretty sweet with a lot of results. i plan on doing the same this year. i've never done any fruit, and all my under the ground veggies have had no luck. oh! cucumbers are kind of easy, too. but we got a lot of those last year. whoa.

as for potty training. that is SO exciting! i am hopeful she'll keep up with it after babe #2. one of my friend's kids was potty trained @ 18m and then after the second kid was born, he reverted. i'll be praying for you! i'm so not there- i'm waiting for o to start talking... and then we'll cross that hurdle when we get there.

Ramona said...

So glad to see Eden is getting the potty training. She is such a character. Who does she take after, dad and mom!! Praying for you all. Love you guys!