Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baking With the Kiddo

As I've stated before, E gets pretty bored with me sometimes, so I'm always trying to think of different activities for her to help me with or craft projects that she would enjoy. Right now it appears to be easier/more fun to let her help me with baking projects, as opposed to cooking projects. Less chopping and more dumping.

So that means I HAVE to make desserts, yes? That's been my excuse since I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls. It was cold outside when we made these, and they really hit the spot. Oh did they....

Anyway, they ended up taking more time than I originally planned for, but the outcome was so good. Yum. I'd definitely keep this recipe as a birthday or other special occasion, when I feel more forced to spend the time.

The kiddo mostly played in some cinnamon and flour, and she helped me knead some dough (well, she had her own little ball of dough to knead). The result was a flour covered floor, child, mom, table, but it was so fun having her next to me. And she lasted longer than if she had been doing something else. Note to self though: have ingredients/measurements ready to make the baking go more smoothly.

Of course the result was 18 cinnamon rolls, and most of them would end up in my belly than L's or E's, so we gave some to daycare to enjoy. Now I don't feel any guilt about eating them. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound delicious. Yum! :)