Friday, August 8, 2008

And the Week Ends...

So my first week has come to an end. It was a crazy week - working an extra day, adjusting to our new morning (and evening) schedule. Honestly, I have to applaud all you moms who workout of home full time. Wow. Talk about a balancing act.

Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers. E's adjusted to her daycare routine beautifully, thank God. She has slept both days for lengthy periods of time and comes home in a great mood. Work has gone well for me - I'm already feeling more confident than a day or two ago, so that's encouraging. :)

And more good news about the job - it's just a couple minutes walk from the farmer's market! Oh the temptation!

Working has given me a new sense of urgency to get some stuff done around my house. I've been getting up earlier to do a couple of chores (which doesn't seem to work out well). In the evening the television has been turned off a lot more so that we can spend time with E, and doing more chores. Also, I've been exercising in the evening too - going for bike rides or doing yoga or going for a walk. So far, so good. We'll see how long it lasts. :)

Anyway that's been my life. Not really exciting or probably even interesting to read, but my life. :) Hopefully more interesting reading will come a little later. :)

3 comments:

knittingma said...

I'm so glad it's going well! And I'm also glad that E is adjusting to her new schedule. Mmmm, farmers' market. :)

We're gonna be up there from August 17th-ish until August 24th-ish. I say "-ish" because our starting and finishing days may be a little bit different. We'd love to see you guys!

Sara said...

Actually quite exciting to read, I can't imagine the time you spent thinking, preparing, and praying about going back to work. I'm so glad that God is blessing all of you through this especially in the ways you hadn't expected os much, less TV, intentional exercise, productive mornings, etc. Take Care and pray your off to another great week!

knittingma said...

Unfortunately, yes, we're *getting there* on the 17th. I'm not sure when we'll be there (probably depends on the little guy the most). But maybe you could email me your phone # and I can call you when we get there? Do you have my email address?