Thursday, July 10, 2008

Incoherent Thoughts


This is what I wish I was doing right now. E and I have caught a cold from someone somewhere, and now all I want to do is sleep. Of course as a mom, that's not really possible, so I'll have to live vicariously through my kitty. She looks like she's having a good rest, yes?

It's been a quiet couple of days around here. Dinners have consisted of salad after salad for the most part (thanks to our CSA). Time to start thinking of some ways to spruce up our salads, so we're not sick of them by the end of the harvest season. We are enjoying the peas that we've gotten the past couple of weeks. You must eat them straight out of the pod though - they're more nutritious and taste SO much better. Just try it. You won't regret it.

And of course, with the summer season here, I've been loving the watermelon we can buy so easily... seriously. I think I could eat a whole watermelon, it's that yummy. E's still loving her blueberries. Must find u-pick farm for these. As soon as she sees the container of blueberries she'll point and say "Blue! Blue!!" until there are a few in her hands.

Anyway, forgive this post if it's not the most coherent. My mind is feeling very fuzzy at the moment. I can tell because I've been staring at that sentence for about five minutes now... just staring....

1 comments:

kristin said...

wow- your incoherency is better than me on a normal day. :) anyway- a salad i made for the swaffs the other day was lettuce (from our garden!), raspberries, apple slices, feta cheese, and topped with a raspberry vinaigrette. delicious (mr. swaff ate some, too!). i liked it. not sure if you and yours will. is L benefiting from this non-eating out diet? i know that you've spoken about his colds and stuff being affected.