Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Two Week Challenge

L and I are pretty frugal people. We downsized from another rental into the cheapest, decent place we could find, which included all utilities. We are driving paid off vehicles, and hope they run forever. We use cloth for nearly everything, so that cuts down on the cost of paper products. L is able to walk to work, so we save on gas. We're don't "own" a lot of stuff, and don't enjoy shopping much.

But there is one thing that kills us. And we have no will power.

We eat out way too much. It's actually a little ridiculous.

So, as of Sunday, we gave ourselves a challenge. No eating out for the next two weeks. You may think this is an easy task, but truly, not so easy for us, which is a little sad. :) I'm thinking that if we make it the two weeks, we should try it for a month. We may have to work up to that, though. :) I'll try to post what we had for dinner the previous night. Maybe it'll compel me to keep up the trend, right?

Dinner Last Night: Quinoa Vegetable Soup with Bread. It was okay, but it was missing something. Quick and cheap to make, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly empathize with you about the eating out. Jason and I do much of the same: we use cloth napkins, no paper plates or plastic utensils, our cars are both paid off and we are always looking for better ways to be environmentally conscious, which sometimes translates into being frugal. But we love to eat out (as you can see by our list of restaurants we've been to in Austin . . !!!).

I like your challenge, maybe after we get back from our weekend away we'll give it a try.

Thanks for the inspiration and for stopping by my blog!

Sheri said...

I just feel like I could buy something really nice if we saved the money that we "throw" away on eating out every month. Of course, I don't want to stop eating out entirely... or at all... :)

Unknown said...

awesome challenge!! Hope it's going well!!!
We rarely eat out, but instead save it for a treat.