Tuesday, April 22, 2008

So the other day I was driving back to our house when I saw four turkeys walking on the street. No problem. Slowing down, two of the turkeys moved off of the road, while the other two came straight at my car. I came to a complete stop, the turkeys kept moving, and proceeded to peck at my car. ... moving around the car, pecking some more. I honked, thinking maybe that would scare them. No, they gobbled louder and more. Ruffled their feathers. Pecked more.

Now, I'm sitting there while two cars drive by, staring right at me. I debated going forward, but one turkey was right in front of me, and I didn't want to hit it.

Now, do you know something else bizarre? I was shaking. I couldn't look the turkey straight in the eye! Rather pathetic that I was scared of the turkeys, as we were in a large(r) vehicle, and had the capabilities of killing the things, but here I was shaking. E was laughing, and trying to see more of what was going on.

Sigh. Anyway, I decided to start going (slowly) and the turkeys moved. Now I'm worried about going running and biking on that road. Okay, if I'm afraid of turkeys in a car, what does that say when I'm on foot, right?

L laughs over my silly phobia. Guess we'll find out of the turkeys are still there today when I go to work out. :)

Speaking of working out, I finally did a run/bike combo on Sunday. I was running and biking without too much problem, so it's time to start doing both. I've discovered this:

1. It's a lot harder to do both. Granted, I went during the hottest part of the day without water (this was silly on my part). Still, it's more difficult mentally and physically (at least for me) to do both. Good thing I left myself plenty of time.

2. Part of the difficulty is my lack of music or something to do during the workout. I've been fighting the urge to buy an ipod or some other mp3 player. Time to give in, I think.

3. I have so much more respect for those who do marathons, more difficult triathlons, etc.

4. How much better I felt about myself after I did it. I was proud of myself that I had been dedicated enough to get this far.

5. I've got further to go. :)

1 comments:

Mommy of Four said...

LOL! I got attcked by swans at Children's Orchard. They apparently have been getting fed by customers, so when I drove in and parked, I noticed them walking towards me. I looked out the window thinking that if they saw I was in there, that they'[d freak out and run. Nope. They came right up to my doorand started banging on it with their beaks! I couldn't get out! And there were two behind the van, banging back there, too, so I couldn't back up and drive off (it's illegal to kill them, go figure). So, I desperately searched for some left-over remnants of the kids' snacks in the car, and realized I had unfortunately just cleaned it out. Thankfully, I missed under the back of my seat, and found a handful of cheese combos. I opened my door quickly and threw them as far out as I could, so that I could open the back door, grab Denae and RUN LIKE HELL! The darn things ate them too fast and came after me!!! I couldn't get back out to my car until they found some other poor soul to torture. Hope they had combos in THEIR car:) Or they may have been stuck there for awhile:)