Monday, March 17, 2008

"Someday" by Alison Mcghee


If I had a list or a "Book of the Week" (maybe this will be my start), this is would definitely be the one that I would choose. "Someday" was our birthday gift to my little niece, M, who recently turned one. Now that I have a kiddo, I love looking in the children's book section on amazon.com. Sigh. So many books. So little time. :)

This is a "circle of life" book that focuses on a mother's relationship with her daughter. I bought it before fully reading it... and then couldn't finish it, because I was nearly in tears. This sweet book is simple in its writings - only a sentence on each page, and a small photo, but its simplicity is what won me over. Some lines from the book are "One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one", "Someday you will swing high - so high, higher than you ever dared to swing", and "Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I can no longer see you."

Just a sweet book about the mother/daughter relationship, and the memories and dreams that develop.

0 comments: