Saturday, December 1, 2007


Well today is a big day for me. Through the 26 Decembers that I've been on the earth, this is the first time I will ever experience Christmas with a real tree. Yay!! I've already heard the "What? Really?" from a million people, but it's true. My parents had five children, so paying for a tree each year and dealing with pine needles wasn't high on the priority list. And really, I'd probably be the same way.

We probably would have had a real tree before this point in our married lives, had we not lived downstate. Seriously, who wants to pay $75 for a tree?!! I just couldn't do it - especially since we're never home for the holidays.

So this year was different. We're in a cheaper area (pine tree speaking), we have a baby, and I'm home to take care of pesty pine needles. L was all for it, so we decided that this would be the year.

We found a beautiful tree, and L even agreed on buying a tree skirt and fun ribbon to put on the tree. It turned out to be better than I could have imagined it... and better yet, e hasn't shown a bit of interest in it since she pricked her fingers (and face) a few times.

Soooo.... though it's not fancy, I love it, and thought I'd share the beauty with you. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tree is so pretty. I love those lights.